Friday, February 11, 2005

My sweet husband

Today has been overall a very good day. Although Dail is out of town in Tampa, he did the sweetest thing. When the boys and I got home today, there was a package on our porch (and you know I don't even look at our porch that often!). I saw that it was from a chocolatier...then I saw it was from a little hometown chocolate shop we used to go to in Waynesboro, PA when we lived back there. It had the best chocolate I have ever tasted, and was owned by a couple who barely spoke English. I was sure it was supposed to be my Valentine's gift, and that it probably wasn't supposed to come while Dail was out of town. When I talked to him tonight on the phone - he told me to open up the package. He had planned for it to come while he was gone. It was filled with an assortment of dark and milk chocolates, all hand picked by him. This place doesn't even have a website, they are so small. He had just saved their business card for 7 years, and called them and they emailed him their full "menu" and they then asked him to tell them what he wanted included in the box. It was gift wrapped beautifully too! Yes, I have eaten one (OK two), and yes, I might share!