Tuesday, September 26, 2006

My multicultural? children

Two stories from the mouths of my kiddos this week:

1) I was lamenting to Dail over the weekend that I was doing this tri-lingual prayer service for a Formation Day for our Diocese, and I had to have it in Vietnamese, Spanish, and English. And, since I was going to be up on stage, I had to attempt to speak the Vietnamese part, so a student was trying to teach me. Luke is listening to all of this and he says "Mom, did you say Vietnamese?" I say "Yes" and he says "Oh, I have a friend who lives in Vietnamese." I smiled and told him "Are you talking about John from your class? He is from Vietnam." How cute that he thought he lived IN Vietnamese!

2) Today we had a play date with some friends. Aidan and I went and we talked to a woman who recently adopted her beautiful baby girl from China. She told Aidan, "My daughter's name is Maya and she was born in China." He looked at her over the tops of his glasses and said "Mulan is from China." (you know, the Disney movie). Jennifer smiled at him and told him he was right. He further said "Mulan's Dad had to go to war." Random thoughts from little children!

No comments: