Thursday, December 07, 2006

Our cement...uh correction - Concrete!


We have concrete! Woo hoo! I called my Dad to tell him we had "cement" and in an educational moment- which he is fond of :) - I learned that we in fact did not have cement, because it is a powdery substance that is used to make concrete, and would not by itself hold our new house up! So, OK, we have CONCRETE! I have to admit, I had half a mind to run up and put my handprint in it, which SO goes against my rule-following nature, but to imprint my hand in our new cement would be fun! Not to worry though, I did not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You said you would like to put your hand print in the "cement"...well, again the print would not last very long...the first breeze and poof their goes you dusty hand imprint. Oh, by the way...concrete is alos used to make boots for those whom you do not favour.

Anonymous said...

Hee-hee, your dad beat me to it!! I, too, am prone to correcting people (at least my family members:)) about that common mistake. Having analyzed the composition of numerous samples of concrete during grad school, I often find myself reminding my hubby that cement is merely an ingredient in concrete.... Whatever you call it, I can't wait to see the progress one of these days when I get over to that side of town!