This was taken BEFORE our canoe float:
And in the middle while things were going smoothly
And now we've had at least two canoes capsize (mine included!!) We ended up with 6 of our canoes in the same spot, 4 groups trying to help the two of us who had turned over. The two remaining groups were WAY ahead and oblivious to our troubles. The worst part was that I had Zeno in my canoe, who the previous night had taken a dive during volleyball and ended up fracturing his arm!!! He was told NOT to get his arm wet! We amazingly did not get it wet even after flipping our canoe!
This is several of my students wondering what Marcus is doing.....
And this is why they were watching him - after getting his canoe (which also capsized) out, he just laid down on it. :)
Zeno in his "cast"
AFTER the canoe episode - we all survived! 
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Exhaustion
I think it has caught up with me finally - EXHAUSTION! I have been going going going for weeks I think, and this weekend I took 18 students on retreat to Tahlequah, OK. It was a wonderful time (save for a few minor incidents that I'll share in a minute) but now I am home, and I think I'm getting sick. No, I KNOW I'm getting sick. Stuffy nose, constant need to sneeze, yeck. I should go to bed, but I love posting pictures, and I got some great ones on our retreat...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment