Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Sweet child of mine is nine!

My sweet oldest turned 9 last week. When I asked
him what he wanted to do for his party, he said "Chuck E Cheese!"
(not my favorite place at all!!)
I told him I heard that you can do your party at the fire station,
and he liked that idea. So, off to station #8 we went!
Cookie cake - love it!
So many boys....so much noise!


The firemen were completely amazing!
They were so patient, funny, and interesting!
They got called out on a total of 3 calls while we were there,
so the adrenalin was soaring in ALL the boys!
The gear...
These two boys are twins, and are so fun!
Luke was smiling from ear to ear that day - what a
wonderful sight for a Mother to see!

My dear Luke,
You changed my entire life the day God blessed our lives with your birth.
I no longer see things from my eyes, but also through your lens.
You are a seeker, yet never a daredevil.
You are tender hearted, yet rarely cry.
You are determined, stubborn, loyal, kind,
deliberative, a creature of habit, sweet,
loving, and sensitive.
You are my shadow, so very much like me.
One hug from you, one "I love you",
and my heart swells.
I am so thankful God has given me the chance
to be your Mother.
Happy 9th birthday my sweet child!

No comments: