I know I don't write on this thing as often as my other blogger friends, but half the time I forget about it, and the other half I am cursing the fact that I have to dial up to get on the darn internet - which leaves me with a slow computer and getting "kicked off" before I get anything started. But, I thought I would write for all 2 of you I think that read my blog!
First of all, if you haven't heard Luke's latest "God" story, I have to tell you...last week Dail's Dad had to spend the night with us while Polly was in the hospital. I told Luke that he needed to let his Papa sleep in his bed, and he could sleep on the floor in his sleeping bag. Well, his sleeping bag was inflatable, until we took it to Nebraska and it was -22 when we arrived - apparently the cold cracked the sleeping bag and it no longer holds air. So, he doesn't want to sleep in it, because he is on the floor within 5 minutes. Anyway - he said his Papa could sleep on the sleeping bag, not him. I explained that Papa is 86 years old, and needs to sleep on a soft bed. He started to throw a fit - and then walked into the other room. He shortly returned and told me he had talked to God about it. I asked him what he meant. He said that he talked to God about the sleeping bag situation, and that God told him he "wouldn't even know the floor was hard or the sleeping bag wasn't soft anymore". Hmm - sounds good to me! Thank you God for that one! He then gladly let his Papa have his bed!
Tonight he and I were "rearranging" his room - at his request. He was just talking about monster trucks, Spiderman, and dinosaurs, his usual things. Then he said "Mommy, did you know that God protects us from evil?" I said, "yes he does." He then said "Do you know how I know that?" Not sure how to respond, I said, "well, why don't you tell me." He said "In church we say 'deliver us from evil' and that's how I know." Yep - that's how the end of the "Our Father" prayer goes - I guess he really does listen in church!!!
1 comment:
Oh - that is so sweet - and SO Luke! I do check your blogs - even if they are very few and far between!
Post a Comment