Monday, July 25, 2005

My 5 things

My friend Kelly had a cute blog - so I decided to try out the same thing. Here's my list:

10 years ago today- I was 24 years old - Dail and I had just moved (or were in the process of moving) to Pennsylvania to begin our new lives after grad school. I was extremely excited about my job at Admissions Counselor at Penn State, and hopeful Dail would soon get a job there too!

5 years ago- I had a tiny baby that was 6 weeks old, I was very conflicted about going back to work, and I was SOOO sleepdeprived...but immensely happy as a new mother.

1 year ago- I was enjoying my two boys, one of whom could not even walk yet! What a difference a year can make!

yesterday- I was working the Spirit Days table at MSU and then enjoying a wonderful dinner that my husband cooked! (AND I can't leave out watching Lance win "le Tour"!)

Tomorrow- I will be working and maybe taking the kids to Castaway Cove...we are having dinner with friends in the evening.

5 snacks I enjoy- ice cream, chocolate, healthy chocolate chip cookies, pretzels, and popcorn

5 adult beverages I enjoy- don't think there are five - margaritas, wine (only sweet), ice cream drinks, ????

5 bands I know the lyrics to- Garth Brooks, Billy Joel, Elton John, Boston, Collin Raye

5 things I would do with $100 000 000- buy a new house & car, take Dail to Ireland and to the Tour de France, take my kids to Disney world, help both sets of parents retire and have nice homes, invest!

5 locations I would like to run away to- Australia, France, Italy, Hawaii, east coast

5 bad habits I have- stressing out about the little things, not taking the newspapers out to the garage, inability to relax, returning ANYTHING (including dead plants), typing loudly on the computer!

5 things I love doing- shopping, emailing, getting a pedicure, playing with my boys, riding my bike with Dail

5 things I would never wear- I will never say never, because I swore never to wear flared leg pants or any capris, and that's about all I own now!

5 tv shows I like- Strong Medicine, Survivor, 24, ER, most things on HGTV

5 movies I like- as I've recently discovered, movies don't really stick with me, the good or the bad. I guess books have a more lasting effect. But, I loved Frequency, Bruce Almighty, Identity, to name a few...

5 most inspirational people- Lance Armstrong, Pope John Paul II, Mother Teresa, my maternal grandfather, my kids!

5 biggest joys at the moment- Dail, my kids, my friends, my students, my family!

5 favorite toys- computer, bike, Tivo, digital camera, camcorder

5 people to tag- Ronnie, Stephanie, Cassandra, Dail, Susan (you guys can send your answers by email, since I know you don't have a blog)

1 comment:

Jeff said...

You..stress to much?? Not be able to relax?? NO WAY!