Thursday, December 22, 2005

BOYS!!! (and refrigerators?)

So, I am learning quickly that Luke was a bit too easy on us as a 2 year old. Yes, he always engaged us in "brain wrestling" but not too often did he get into mischievious trouble. Aidan is teaching me all new tricks!!! Today, I went to work to just pick something up. When I got into the kitchen, something smelled awful. I thought it was the disposal, but the smell consumed the whole kitchen. I then noticed a lot of water pooling around the refrigerator. Hmmm...so I opened the freezer to find 3 bags of ice (formerly ice, now a tidal wave of water), mushy hot dogs, what was once sherbet, and some other things flowing out at me. Ewww! Then I opened the fridge and found of course the lights off, and everything inside room temperature. So, I thought that maybe when their was a graduation party there last weekend, someone blew a fuse. I mopped up what I could of the mess, threw every towel we own into the washer after they were soaked with a horrible smell, and went to the fuse box. I not only found the one fuse out, but 7 others. This was clearly not "blowing a fuse" - this was someone switching them off. So, I asked Luke "did you touch these switches in here?" He says "No Mom, but the other day (which would have been FOUR days ago) Aidan was touching them in there." Nice! So, I explained to them both how they can NEVER touch those switches, and then I emptied every last thing out of the fridge. Fun times at work for me!!!

No comments: