Sunday, December 18, 2005

Love, loss, and hope


So much has happened since my last blog - but because of that, I never have time to post on here! Those of you who received my Christmas card will know that I said "Dail's and my families are healthy and doing well"...well, perhaps I should not have written those words, because shortly after it was written, my Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. She had surgery to remove the malignant tumor last week, and though it was difficult for all of us to take the news, there is much to be filled with hope for as the tumor was very small (less than 1 cm), and it had not spread to her lymph nodes either. So, she will begin radiation in January, but will not have to undergo chemo. Yea!

For my 35th birthday, my husband surprised me with a trip to Fort Worth. I thought we were going to a movie here in Wichita Falls, but instead he had my friend Kelly pack a bag for me and we drove to Sundance Square in Fort Worth where he had reservations at Etta's Bed & Breakfast and at the Riatta for dinner. We had a wonderful dinner, then went to Barnes & Noble and just browsed forever, and went back to our cute B&B. The next morning after being served breakfast angels at our B&B (they were quite yummy), we walked around Sundance Square until our movie, Narnia started at 1PM. The movie was a perfect way to end our little rendezvous, and then we drive back to Wichita Falls. I love my guy for doing that for me! It was a much needed reprieve.

Finally, our little Luke lost his first tooth yesterday. I only knew two days ago that it was even loose, and yesterday it fell out! So, the tooth fairy visited, and now all he wants for Christmas is his one front tooth!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

I can't believe he lost a tooth already - I think Alec was in 2nd grade before he lost one!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to big boy Luke!! Elizabeth will be sooo excited to hear - she's about to lose her 3rd one, this time the top front....

Anonymous said...

pshaw! what about Chicago? :)

Little guy looks cute with a hole in his mouth! cutie kid!

growing up too fast... *flicking tear*

Debbie said...

Jeff - you know I couldn't forget Chicago - just too complicated to post that I went with my best friend's husband to the concert! :) (thanks Kelly!)

Anonymous said...

Ha you thought it was Jeff that posted that comment! LOL

Debbie said...

should have figured jeff wouldn't post "anonymous" - still, I stick to my reason for not posting about the concert - thank you for giving me the ticket though! :)

Anonymous said...

aint no thang but a chicken wang!

what a chicken wang anything...? Kinda sounds gross! eww