Tuesday, August 15, 2006

First days of Kindergarten


Luke did SO great for his first day of kindergarten! He was nervous in the morning, but he did awesome, especially considering that his school is uniform, and he hasn't worn a belt since he was 18 months old! Collared shirt, tucked in to boot - all things he despises. But, he dressed with no fuss at all. When I picked him up, he said "Mom, it was actually better than I thought it was going be!"
Today was his first full day, and he rode his bike to school with Dail. He got there early, had breakfast in the cafeteria, and waited until the aide took them class. He said he liked being there early, but not eating there. From now on, it's breakfast at home for him. He was so cute too because I told him I missed him terribly while he was gone all day, and he said "Mom, at lunch I was thinking a lot about you, and thinking that it would be better if you were here with me." Awww! I told him I'd come have lunch with him soon.

Meanwhile, my dear Aidan is bored to tears without his big brother, and doesn't know how to entertain himself (nor how to keep himself out of trouble!). Today while I was drying my hair, he proceeded to get a chair, pull up onto the stovetop, and try to help himself to some cereal above the microhood. Yikes~! I had to make him take a shower with me or who knows would would have befallen my house when I got out. It is perilous, to say the least!

No comments: