Friday, August 18, 2006

Wine glasses and what?

Well, it has been quite a week with Luke in school and Aidan and I at home. He finds MUCH more trouble without his brother to guide him into better choices. I don't think I can turn my back on him for two seconds, and he can't help but find mischief, which often leads to disaster! This morning, I was checking my email on the computer. I had him all set up with his Amish Cinnamon Bread muffin and chocolate milk in a sippy cup. What harm could be done, right? Ha! After a few minutes, I heard a clinking noise that only comes from glass. I quickly went into the kitchen to see what he was up to. He had several of my wine glasses out in front of him, all with backwash chocolate milk in them (blech!). It is my fault that they were in reach of his little hands. But, the story gets much better...I said "Aidan, what are you doing spitting chocolate milk into my wine glasses?!" He said "But Mommy, I'm just playing Body of Christ. See (he lifts a glass to his lips and proclaims 'AMEN!')" Now how can I get mad at him for playing priest?? All of you non-Catholics are probably chuckling - well as I'm sure are all the Catholics! Father Aidan here we come! What will the next 16 years have in store for me I wonder? :)

No comments: