
WARNING: This blog will be a pity party, so if you don't like those, don't read! With our beautiful new house comes a yard that is at best, dirt, and at worst, a mud landslide. We had a HUGE thunderstorm yesterday, which washed away I'm sure what is left of our grass seed that isn't germinating, and left us with a sinkhole of mud in the backyard and a mudslide in the front. So, besides my frustration of having no green yard, there's the fact that we have a dog, and what in the world do you do with a dog and a mud pit????? Knowing this would be a problem before we moved in, I ordered boots for Speedy (insert huge laughter at me!) and they have worked pretty well so far. (see photo above) But, with the rain we had yesterday (and need I mention that we live in Texas, where it is supposed to be hot and dry, not cold and rainy!) it is just clay mud that sucks its victims down into the blackhole of itself. We attempted to don Speedy in his boots and see what happened, and the result was a ridculous event that one who didn't live in this house would have laughed at hysterically. Speedy got stuck, time after time, and lost boot after boot. By the time he made it back to our backdoor, he had mud up to his knees, and his boots were buried across the yard. UGH! So, this morning, I put on my riding boots that I haven't worn since college and trudged out into our sinkhole to recover the boots. I myself felt like I could sink to China, and when I pulled my leg back up, I was sure my boots would remain in the ground. Miraculously, I made it back to the porch with four pounds of mud in my hand (one each with a teeny dog boot inside). Until I can muster up enough courage to clean them, that is where they will stay. The picture above is AFTER I banged my boots against the house a few dozen times to get most of the mud off! OK - pity party over, I've got Lowe's here with a washer to exchange....mine broke this week AND they brought me the wrong one yesterday. Can you say "Friday the 13th"?? Yes, it truly was!
2 comments:
Debbie - you are the funniest! I am still laughing at Speedy in his little doggy boots - only you! I'm not sure even I, the queen of Type A behavior, would have gone that far (although I have been known to carry an umbrella over our dog while walking her, b/c she was very sensitive to the rain!). Hang in there, I'm sure your yard will spring forth soon....
Oh my word!! Now that is hilarious! Poor Speedy. You should have sprung for the sod!! :)
Post a Comment