Tuesday, August 14, 2007
New Neighbors coffee
Last week, the boys and I hand delivered invitations to some of our nearby neighbors for a "New Neighbors Coffee" that I wanted to host so all of the Moms could get to know each other while the kids played. Two of the four families were going to be out of town, but the remaining two loved the idea and said they'd come. Yesterday was the coffee...and it went so well! One of the women who came is my next door neighbor, and her husband will be a new professor of Microbiology at MSU in the fall. They have a 5 1/2 year old son who enjoyed playing with my boys. She was just delightful to talk to. The other woman who came lives in the cul de sac around the corner, and her husband is in Iraq. She has two children the same ages as my kids. In fact, her daughter and Luke will both be in first grade at West Foundation this fall. She too was so nice to visit with, and I think she needed some companionship. It must be very hard to have a husband away in a war torn country. They stayed right up until I had to go to work, in fact we lost track of time so much that it wasn't until my babysitter called that I realized I had to be at work in 30 minutes! I hope this is the beginning of more coffees, and good friendships!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment