Aaaack!!! We are still counting the number of days Aidan has slept through the night on our two hands, and this has been going on since we moved into our home in April. I *believe* we might be up to 7...and that's in over four months!!! So, we pretty much are getting used to lack of sleep, and interrupted sleep. We may as well have a newborn baby! So now....enter our psycho dog Speedy. Apparently HE doesn't want to sleep all night now either!!! It started on Sunday with him waking us up in the middle of the night 3 different times, crying and whining in his kennel. We thought maybe he was feeling sick, so each time we got up, let him outside, and put him back in. He didn't repeat that for Monday, but again Tuesday night he cried (only once) in the middle of the night and I let him out. Well, let me give you a run down of LAST night in the Neely household:
11:30 PM - Went to bed
1:15 AM - Aidan comes to the side of our bed and is whimpering. I go back to his room and lay down with him for 30 minutes.
1:45 AM - back in bed, falling deep asleep until....
2:10 AM - Speedy starts crying and whining! Ugh! Get him up and put him out.
2:20 AM - back to bed, trying to fall asleep.
4:07 AM - Speedy starts crying and scratching at his kennel. This time I wake Dail up and say I've been up with Aidan and the dog each already, it is HIS turn. He gets up, puts Speedy out, and returns back to bed.
4:12 AM - Aidan is screaming and crying from his bedroom. Dail, who is still awake from his previous dog outing rolls out of bed to see what is going on. I lay awake, wondering if I'll ever get a full night's rest.
4:15 AM - Dail returns, house is quiet for about 5 minutes.
4:20 AM - more screaming and crying from Aidan. I get up, go in there, and he says he is scared and needs his Mommy. I lay down with him and fall completely asleep.
6:15 AM - I wake up, realize I'm in Aidan's bed, and stumble back to my own bed only to hear the alarm beeping insistently that Dail get up!
AAAARGH!
No comments:
Post a Comment