Friday, November 30, 2007

Day 2 - Florence

We are having an amazing time here! It is really day 4, but between us going going going and my bugging Steph to upload her pics to the computer so I can blog them, this isn't getting updated daily (Sorry Steph for being a pain!). I may post some of my own photos when we get back home. If not, there will surely be an online album. On Weednesday, we went to Santa Croce (the Franciscan pillar of Florence) where so many famous people have tombs...Dante, Michaelangelo, Galileo just to name a few. There are tombs EVERYWHERE! And so ornate and gorgeous! They have an amazing leather shop in the back of the church (where Steph and I are pictured) where you can buy nice Italian leather for cheap and even have your initials put on it. That night we explored the area around the Duomo and also San Lorenzo (huge outdoor market). We also stumbled across a fantastic place for dinner where Steph and Dail both had gnocci that was unlike any they have ever had before. I had ravioli which was fantastic too.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: