Monday, March 03, 2008

Soccer break

Hmm - is he running the wrong way?
Header!


I'm #1!Go Thunderbirds!


It was quite a relief for me when Saturday came and I could take my boys to their soccer games....it provided a needed break from the heart ache of worrying about Dail and worrying about his parents. Luke's first game of the season went well - it was fun to see them play with goalies now! They lost, but played pretty well. They really needed Dail coaching - he provides a positive outlook, always encouraging the boys. Aidan's first game was just plain hilarious! Crickett went with me, and we both found ourselves laughing to the point of tears! Besides the fact that those kids don't stop when the ref blows his whistle, and don't know which direction to go half the time, Aidan provided additional comic relief. During the first quarter, while in play, Aidan stops and yells to me "Mom, I need a bite of my burrito!" I yelled down from the stands for him to play soccer and not worry about his burrito (which, incidentally, was a tortilla with peanut butter and shredded cheddar cheese in it!). Then, in the 2nd half, he scored a goal, and did a victory dance (pictured above). He then proceeded to run off the field for his "Mommy hug". His coach (who I now think is one of Dail's fraternity brothers from college!) literally had to pull him back down from the stands and tell him to save his Mommy hugs for after the game. LOL! Thankfully, some much needed rain came and Dail's parents returned to Archer City on Sunday.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love Aidan's victory dance!!