Dail's surgery went well today. They put two pins in his finger, both extending diagonally like a cross, poking out of his hand. Thankfully it is all covered with a ton of gauze and soft cast - but the xray I saw was a bit...yeck. He is a funny guy coming out of anesthesia. He told his nurse to "go to a real school" as she was from Vernon College. I was so embarrassed! He asked me at least 4 times what they did to his finger, and what the doctor said about riding a bike (can you tell where his mind goes when he's unconscious?) In the midst of all of it, we were dealing with a great bit of stress as the wildfires that are spreading across Archer County got dangerously close to his parents' home....within 1 1/2 miles! His parents were asked to evacuate yesterday, and politely declined. They didn't sleep all night between worrying about Dail and worrying about fire. So, they packed up their imperative belongings, and went into the city of Archer City today. That didn't last long, as they began evacuating the school, nursing homes, and jail there. So, my dear friend and sister by heart, Ronnie, went there and encouraged them to come back to our home. Now tonight I have a husband who is in great pain and no more anesthesia fun along with two beautiful in laws who have cried their eyes out about a home that could go up in flames. It is heart breaking. They have animals they are worried about, and 10 acres of land that could light up in no time. So - if you are reading this, pray for the wind to die out so the fires cannot continue to spread. And pray for my dear husband's hand. And for my wonderful in laws who are living saints in my book - the most selfless people I know. And a little for me, as I try my best to take care of them all - all the while knowing I will not taking my students on retreat this weekend, and that too breaks my heart. Thursday, February 28, 2008
Surgery, fire, what next?
Dail's surgery went well today. They put two pins in his finger, both extending diagonally like a cross, poking out of his hand. Thankfully it is all covered with a ton of gauze and soft cast - but the xray I saw was a bit...yeck. He is a funny guy coming out of anesthesia. He told his nurse to "go to a real school" as she was from Vernon College. I was so embarrassed! He asked me at least 4 times what they did to his finger, and what the doctor said about riding a bike (can you tell where his mind goes when he's unconscious?) In the midst of all of it, we were dealing with a great bit of stress as the wildfires that are spreading across Archer County got dangerously close to his parents' home....within 1 1/2 miles! His parents were asked to evacuate yesterday, and politely declined. They didn't sleep all night between worrying about Dail and worrying about fire. So, they packed up their imperative belongings, and went into the city of Archer City today. That didn't last long, as they began evacuating the school, nursing homes, and jail there. So, my dear friend and sister by heart, Ronnie, went there and encouraged them to come back to our home. Now tonight I have a husband who is in great pain and no more anesthesia fun along with two beautiful in laws who have cried their eyes out about a home that could go up in flames. It is heart breaking. They have animals they are worried about, and 10 acres of land that could light up in no time. So - if you are reading this, pray for the wind to die out so the fires cannot continue to spread. And pray for my dear husband's hand. And for my wonderful in laws who are living saints in my book - the most selfless people I know. And a little for me, as I try my best to take care of them all - all the while knowing I will not taking my students on retreat this weekend, and that too breaks my heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment