Tuesday, November 18, 2008

St Paul rocks!

I just have to gush about something our church is doing this week....we are having a Mission for 3 nights put on by Father John Robert Skeldon (one of my favorite priests!!!) about St. Paul (OK - my favorite saint right now!). I am ridiculously thrilled about the whole thing. You'd have to understand me (which is scary for those of you who really do) to know how much I first of all adore Father John Robert and his quirky way of sharing his passion for scripture. I could honestly listen to him for hours and hours! And...because for Catholics this is the Year of St. Paul, I had previously led my students on a Paulist retreat last month. So, in preparation for that, I read 2 books on Saint Paul, and got completely excited about his life story! There could not be a better combination than me listening to Father John Robert talk about St. Paul. We've had two nights so far, and I can't wait for tonight! Father John Robert is taking some of the scripture I shared with my students and "unpacking it" as he calls it. I wish I could have brought him with us to our retreat!!! Just a little scriptural trivia....did you know that 13 of the 27 chapters of the New Testament are written or attributed to St. Paul??? And did you know that Luke doesn't just talk about Paul's conversion on the road to Damascus one time, not two times, but THREE times in the book of Acts??? Yes, I'm a freak about St Paul right now!!! :)

No comments: