Monday, January 12, 2009

Whole lotta nothing

I just realized I haven't updated my blog since December. Sheesh! Mostly because I've not had anything really worth sharing. But also because we got back from Nebraska, I spent a week at home, and then left for Atlanta for a conference. It was amazing!! It was a gathering of all the Catholic campus ministers from universities and colleges across the country. I don't think you could ever surround yourself with a happier group of people who love their jobs. I LOVE LOVE mine, and its fun to be with hundreds of others who feel the same way. I read recently that 70% of the workforce has no passion for their job. I'm so glad I'm in the 30% who does!

My brother even drove to Atlanta from Tallahassee to visit me one afternoon. We explored some interesting parts of Atlanta (don't think I have a full taste of that city by what we saw!) and then met up with 17 other campus ministers to go out. I'm not much of a "going out" person, but again, this crowd is different. When else can you hang out with a group a people who talk theology, religion, the virtues of college students - all over a glass of wine or a beer? They kept thinking David was "one of us" and he kept saying, "No, I'm just Debbie's brother, and a park ranger." Kind of funny!

Now I'm back and feeling a bit apprehensive for this semester. Francisco, my sidekick at the CCC, began student teaching, so we will no longer be at the CCC during the day together, ever! He is in Burkburnett every day teaching Spanish. The CCC is a quiet place without his presence! And, he graduates in May, which makes me even more sad. Sometimes I wish I could push "pause" on the train of life and just capture a moment that you don't want to lose. But, life isn't like that. And, who knows what I would miss that is ahead! MSU doesn't begin until next week, and hopefully by then my building will be hopping with students. Me, who usually loves silence, is not enjoying it so much right now!

No comments: