


Aidan has found his niche - Warrior's Way martial arts academy. We are extremely impressed with their program. He was on a waiting list forever, and when he joined in December, we didn't want to sign him up for the year commitment they like as he doesn't stick with things too long. So we paid more to do just 3 months. Of course we are only in January, but he goes twice a week and absolutely LOVES it! Their incentive system appeals so much to his nature - the kids get stripes on their belts, different awards like "student of the week" or "best kick" etc and they also receive trophies. Aidan is all about stripes, awards, and trophies! If you don't listen or do as the instructors ask, you have to do squats or pushups. Aidan has never had to be reprimanded! (which is shocking!) Yesterday was family participation day, so I got to go in with him and play dodge ball, do blocking exercises, and just see what all goes on behind the glass wall that I cannot hear beyond.
Luke is growing so fast! I can't hardly believe it. He is still all about soccer - playing indoor soccer right now and anxious for outdoor to start back up. I am posting this picture mostly for Ronnie's benefit - as she hasn't seen how much Luke's hair has grown since she's all the way in Australia! He asked me if he could grow it out, and I fought it and fought it until I just gave in. The in between stage wasn't too great, but now it has literally "grown" on me, and I really kind of like it. It makes him look even older though!
1 comment:
OMG!!!! He looks SO old! What happened to my puggy faced round headed Luky Boy!? I'm going to cry! You look very handsom Luke it's just hard for us oldies to get used to change when it comes to the kiddos we love. I just can't believe it. Aidan! Nice gear! You look very stunning in your uniform. I can't wait to come home and see all your stripes. I love and miss you both so much it hurts.
Love,
Nina/Ronnie :)
Post a Comment