I know I haven't blogged in a while - it is just WAY too busy right now for me. I think that is a perpetual state - and right now is just a bit hyperspeed of my normal chaos! Still, I got to do something over the weekend that gives me great peace and centers my "chi"....I helped plant my first garden! It is called a square foot garden - and I love the concept. Doesn't take up too much space - shouldn't (in theory anyway) be too time consuming...yet very rewarding. Our friend Marcus is somewhat of a gardening expert (he has done it for pay at various times in his life) and he walked me through it. We even threw a few onions and lettuce in - we'll see how they do. The other part of the garden that is fun is that it is built up - ie not in our hard north Texas clay soil. Since it is completely organic, Speedy decided he wanted to eat the soil - as it was sprayed in liquid fish and seaweed. Yeck! So, I have since sprinkled cayenne pepper around to deter him. Being outside is so relaxing to me - when I'm working with plants, mowing, etc it is the one time my brain doesn't go into overdrive - thinking of all the other things I should be doing. I mostly can just "be" - which is NOT my normal state of mind. I hope that it will bring me some good food and peace! Monday, February 02, 2009
Mary Mary Quite Contrary....
I know I haven't blogged in a while - it is just WAY too busy right now for me. I think that is a perpetual state - and right now is just a bit hyperspeed of my normal chaos! Still, I got to do something over the weekend that gives me great peace and centers my "chi"....I helped plant my first garden! It is called a square foot garden - and I love the concept. Doesn't take up too much space - shouldn't (in theory anyway) be too time consuming...yet very rewarding. Our friend Marcus is somewhat of a gardening expert (he has done it for pay at various times in his life) and he walked me through it. We even threw a few onions and lettuce in - we'll see how they do. The other part of the garden that is fun is that it is built up - ie not in our hard north Texas clay soil. Since it is completely organic, Speedy decided he wanted to eat the soil - as it was sprayed in liquid fish and seaweed. Yeck! So, I have since sprinkled cayenne pepper around to deter him. Being outside is so relaxing to me - when I'm working with plants, mowing, etc it is the one time my brain doesn't go into overdrive - thinking of all the other things I should be doing. I mostly can just "be" - which is NOT my normal state of mind. I hope that it will bring me some good food and peace!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment