Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Stop the world - I just need a nap!

I have no idea why I am even blogging - as I don't have one spare minute. If you know me (which you should if you are bothering to read this!) then you know I enjoy my life being busy....hectic....running around like a gerbil in one of those wheels. But there are moments when it gets even too busy for me! Now is one of them! How I ever got two BIG retreats within two weeks of each other, I'll never know. And, I have this darn need to be a perfectionist, so the retreats must be great - nothing else can be acceptable. The Confirmation Retreat we put on a week or so ago was amazing! So, now I know the retreat this coming weekend will be too. I just need to leave it up to God. But God - how does that work out when you have to do lists, agendas, Achiever as one of your strengths, and MANY people across a 2 hour radius all working on it??

Sigh - so it becomes that my friends and family think I am ignoring them. I don't call enough, email enough, come home enough - and then I feel guilty on top of feeling stressed and busy!!! Ahhh! And yesterday I had planned to work on retreat when my day exploded - Aidan's preschool didn't have a teacher so he couldn't stay (nice!) and I had a conference call that I lead that I had forgotten about on top of a lunch with a faculty member that I had never met. I got nothing crossed off my to-do list, which just makes me crazy. Today, I'm going to tackle it, and get on top of this stuff.

Anyway - I must stop but typing this madness is somewhat cathartic. :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hang in there and remember we love you!!