

Both of my boys greeted me with Mother Day gifts when I picked them up from school today. Actually - I had a Mother's Day tea at Aidan's school, and Luke made me beautiful art work.
Each of them was asked what words described me. Here is what they collectively said:
- Nice
- Pretty
- Caring
- Fun
- Kind
- Wonderful
- Happy
- Shy
- Clean
- Sweet
- Loving
- Cute
There's no better affirmation than knowing your sons feel that way about you. I've had a difficult week at work, discerning whether we should still go to Mexico, and it has caused a lot of unrest in our group. My heart has been so heavy, and feelings have been hurt. Still, these words and homemade gifts from my kids reminded me that all of my other angst can be put to rest - because I am a Mom, and I am loved, and that is all that matters.
No comments:
Post a Comment