Well, I left Dail in charge of the household Thursday and Friday while I went to a conference of sorts for our Diocese of Fort Worth (the church organization within which I work). Poor guy, I left him Thursday morning at 7 AM with a sick child (Aidan had a 103.2 fever) and a broken furnace (it was 52 degrees in our kitchen when I left!). He managed to take Aidan to the doctor not once but TWICE that day (the first time for his high fever, the 2nd for a goose egg on his head after hitting it on the coffee table) to which the peditrician replied "You're going to be in trouble with your wife when she gets home!" But, they all fared pretty well and I had a wonderful two days of meetings/sessions. I have enough ideas now for the next 5 years at my job I think!!! Today we took Luke to see "The Incredibles", which was quite a good movie. Although in the middle of it, Luke told me "Mommy, you shouldn't have taken me to this movie. There are bad superheroes in it, and we shouldn't be watching it." In the end, he too loved the movie, and wants to see it again. But, he certainly had his reservations during the movie.
Dail's Mom has her surgery this coming week (Wednesday). I will try to post how she is doing, and I appreciate all the prayers you have said for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment