Sunday, November 28, 2004

A day of emotion

I had hoped to be writing about what a wonderful time we had with my parents here...which we did. But, that time was clouded by the fact that Dail's Mom went back into the hospital yesterday with pneumonia and a blood infection. She is not doing well as of now, but I hope tomorrow will bring better news. The doctors cannot find the source of the infection, thus are treating here with blanket antibiotics, hoping they will strike whatever it is. Dail is spending the night with her tonight, to make sure she is well taken care of, and to talk to the doctor when he comes at that very "doctorly hour" of 6 AM or so.

We did have a great time with my parents being here though. They left this morning, and I'm sure are finding the "lack of noise" in their car strange after spending 4 days with my two boys. The decibles in our house get quite high sometimes! We had Thanksgiving here with them, which was wonderful. Dail cooked a great meal, and we just enjoyed each other's company. My Mom and I got to do black Friday shopping, went to spin class (to work off our Thanksgiving meal!) and my Dad and I hung Christmas lights outside our house. We also went to the Electricritters at River Bend Nature Works on Friday night, which was perfect weather for it. It was in the low 60's, and the nature trail was lit with many festive animal-type displays as Christmas music played and Santa strolled the trail. Luke particularly LOVED it, although he wouldn't have anything to do with Mrs. Klaus!

I am sad to see my parents leave - and it is getting harder each time for them to do so, because Luke now cries and asks them why they can't just live here. :( I wish they did too - but maybe someday.

No comments: