Well, I am attempting to get into the holiday spirit, although my immediate life around me is not lending to it right now. Dail's Mom is still in the hospital (10 days now) and they STILL don't have a confirmed diagnosis of what is wrong. I feel like it must be some kind of complication from her kidney surgery - something they aren't willing to admit they did wrong or didn't do. I don't know. But, she is tired of being there, Melvin is worn out, and Dail's sisters are both back at home, leaving Dail and I to take care of things. Well, Dail has strep throat - so that leaves ME to take care of it all. I need 3 of me, one for my kids and husband, one for work, and one for Polly and Melvin. I just need to make sure I don't get strep throat, or I don't know what we'll do. As for Polly, they have drained 700 cc's of fluid off of her lungs (in addition to the fluid they drained off of the cavity where her kidney used to be). She also has a BAD case of thrush, from all of the antibiotics, so she cannot tolerate much of anything to eat. Her mouth is red as a raspberry, and it looks so painful. She has been running a low grade fever on and off ever since she was admitted, and they can't figure that out either. She currently has 4 doctors working on her...wish one of them could figure it all out and then we could get her back home.
Dail is so sick he isn't even talking. He took a pad of paper with him to the doctor so he could "talk" with her. Crazy! Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in, and he will be on the mend.
Somewhere in the meantime, I need to get my Christmas letter going, as well as Christmas labels printed, gifts wrapped (thank goodness I have them all bought!) and I have a birthday on Wednesday that may just pass without much ado. Dail even had me cancel my own "surprise" birthday party tonight (I of course didn't know it was happening until I had to actuallly cancel it).
Well, I do have faith that this will all pass, and I am an eternal optimist. So, my next post will hopefully be filled with good news!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment