Friday, December 17, 2004

Christmas Pagent and my stupidity

Now that my Christmas cards are done, my shopping is complete, and I have a dent in my gift wrapping, I am feeling much more in the spirit of Christmas. Last night, Luke's school had a Christmas program, which was positively adorable. All the 4 year olds dressed as sheperds, and they sang their hearts out. Luke even had a speaking part, which I was so proud of him for. I brought my camcorder, and was videotaping away. I realized that my tape was almost out, and that Luke's part was near the end. So, I shut my camcorder off - you guessed it - just in time to MISS Luke's speaking part!! I had no idea they had already gotten to the last song, and I didn't even get to see him do his part, I just heard him as Dail nudged me and said, "Didn't he do great!" All the while I am trying to get the stupid thing back on and focused on him. Totally missed it - I wanted (and still want) to cry. I know he is just 4 and will have many other momentous occasions in his life, but I missed the FIRST big one!!!

On a different note - Santa and I went shopping tonight. Luke finally wrote his letter to Santa, so we could know what he wanted. It went somthing like this: "Dear Santa, I want a Ninja Turtle Tracker, Ninja Turtle costume, play kitchen, and motorcycle. Thank you, Luke. " No "how are you this year" or "I have been good" or "hope you don't get too tired lugging all those toys across the world". Short and simple I guess. I prompted him to add the "thank you", or it wouldn't have been in there either! I know nothing about Ninja Turtles, and for that matter, Luke has never watched the TV show or movie. He just knows that the boys at school talk about them and play that at recess. So, he wants everything Ninja this year. At least they are good guys, which is a prerequisite for me (aka Mrs. Claus).

No comments: