Tuesday, April 18, 2006
A little spot of humor amidst a rather unhumoring week
The past week or so has not been a bowl of cherries for us around here. We had our good friend Rodd here to do his semesterly team building with various student groups. He spent the better part of his trip throwing up and in Clinic Care...no fun for ANYONE! Our best friend Ronnie, who is like a sister to Dail and I, lost her Mother to cancer last week too. We are all so sad and want to just gather the family up and hug their pain away. In the middle of all that, Dail had a birthday, which went by almost unnoticed. So, I am forever grateful for my children. Kids do not know sadness like adults. For them, it is a fleeting emotion. Amidst all that was going on, I took Luke to Polly and Melvin's to spend the night...which is good for everyone. When he came back, he told us all about building fence with his Papa, feeding chickens and guineas, and seeing a baby lamb. Then he said that his Papa let him drive the tractor. I asked where he drove it to and he said "Oh to Papa's junk pile, and his truck, and 'out yonder'" as if it was a particular place. I about cracked up, but knew better than to laugh out loud. So, I asked him where "out yonder" was, and he described it to me exactly. The phrase Dail's parents use for anything beyond their house has been adopted by my 5 year old! Except he thinks it is a particular place! I love kids - they bring laughter and joy to all moments of life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment