Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Grass seed, Hail, and oh - Croup!

This week has been an interesting one. Dail and I have this lawn problem (well, we basically no longer have a lawn!) so we need to reseed/overseed our front yard. It seems that someone sprayed something that kills St. Augustine grass, and it took out our lawn, and two houses to the left of us. It makes me crazy because we always took care of our lawn, fertilized it, mowed, edged, and all that business. Now we have dead grass and everyone around us who does little or nothing to theirs has green lawns. Anyway - I decided to take on the task of mowing, raking, aerating, and seeding ours on Monday to try to help it recover. Dail came home and helped in the venture, and wouldn't you know it, Monday night we had a HUGE storm, with golf ball size hail, and I'm sure now whatever grass seed we may have distributed is washing down the sewer or better yet, into my flower beds that I DON'T want grass in. Another storm hit last night, so whatever chance we had of some grass seed staying in our ground is surely gone. To top it off, Aidan has been up the past two nights barking like a sea lion. Poor guy - in the middle of the night last night he said "Mommy, I need a bandaid for my throat." I took him to the doctor this morning and he has as I suspected...croup. So, $89 later, we have medicine to give him in his nebulizer, and he so far has completed his first breathing treatment without much fuss. I hope he can sleep better tonight, because we all need it!

No comments: