Monday, July 10, 2006

4th of July, swimming, & triathalon






I'm quite sure that back when I was 18 and dreaming of my life as a wife and mother, I wouldn't have guessed that at age 35, my weekends would be filled with bike rides and triathalons, especially not the kind we were participating in. An occassional recreational softball game, yes, but these cardio activities, NO! But much to my health benefit, my dreams were not quite accurate. So, here I am reflecting back on last week that started with the 4th of July Parade to the Kell House (where Luke rode his bike and Dail rode his CLOWN bike while I rollerbladed behind Aidan in the jog stroller), swim lessons for Aidan, and ending with a triathalon sponsored by the YMCA (with my good friend Susan swimming, Dail riding, and our neighbor Randy running). I love that my kids are growing up with such activities, and hope to someday cheer them on too!

No comments: