

I am very happy to report that I achieved a goal of mine yesterday - I rode in a bike ride that was 50 miles (actually I think we ended up going 51.8!). Ronnie and I rode in the Children's Miracle Network bike ride here in Wichita Falls. Dail was supposed to accompany us, but it is impossible to get a babysitter for the 4th of July weekend, so he forfeited his entry fee and stayed with the boys (thank you hon!). Prior to this ride, the longest I have ever gone on my bike is 42 miles. There were 155 partcipants, with some going 100K, some 50 miles, and some 25 miles. Ronnie and I actually "won" the ladies 50 mile portion, as we were the first women to finish the 50. I really don't know how many other women were even in our category, but it is fun to think we were the fastest anyway! :) Woo hoo! I guess my next goal will be 100K.
1 comment:
Congrats - you are awesome! Jeff actually asked me if you ever tried to get me on a bike - I said "no - she knows better!". HA!
Post a Comment