Thursday, July 27, 2006
Earthworms, snails and...
If I didn't know it sooner - I am officially the Mom of BOYS! Luke has been going to this Creepy Crawly Critters class this week to learn about bugs and things of that nature. He really loves it. Well, yesterday, both because I am one of the few Moms who actually goes inside to pick up my child instead of waiting in the car outside AND because I responded "Yes" when the teacher asked us if we have a fish...we ended up the proud owners of 6 crickets, 5 earthworms, 3 snails, and some aqua plants. Yech! The crickets I quickly took to my friend Ronnie's house where I placed them on her kitchen counter with a note that they were for her turtle, Todd. I also deposited two of the three snails there with her roommates who also have fish or aquatic turtles. The last snail I told Luke he could keep and we brought it home to join his beta fish. The poor fish is none too happy though! And, the earthworms stayed in our fridge until we got home last night and gave them fresh soil under one of my plants outside to live in. Down the hall from Luke's class is Mommy and Me Scrapbooking...which as you can imagine has many little girls and their Moms. So, they come home with scrapbooking pages done (something I need desperately!) and I come home with critters! :) To be the Mom of boys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment