Thursday, September 06, 2007

Limo ride

Lately my life has been comprised of doing two jobs - both of which are fulfilling, but also take a great deal of time away from my family and friends lately. I barely talk to my parents once a week on the phone, my friends don't hear from me unless they are in the same office as me (and poor Ronnie and Danielle really only get to talk to me about work), and Luke and Aidan each declared last week that they wanted Mommy to quit her 2nd job! Sigh - enter GUILT into the room!

But - there was a small perk to all of this last Saturday night. The potential sorority women were having their "pref night" when they dress up in after 5 gowns and are taken, usually by limo, to houses where the sororities have one last chance to really win them over. All the ladies had left the Clark Student Center, and I was standing outside with Danielle talking to one of the limo drivers as they waited for their next round. I asked him if I ran home and brought my kids back up, would he give them a ride around campus. He said he'd do one better - he'd take me to my house in the limo, let us pick up the kids, and drive them back to MSU in the stretch Excursion limousine! So, Danielle and I loaded up into the limo and led him to our home. I tried calling Dail on the way there, and he never answered, so I was sure they might not even be home! Thankfully, when we pulled up, he was sweeping out the garage and the boys were in the house playing. I ran in, told them I had a big surprise for them, and to get their shoes on and hurry outside. They ran out and saw the limo and their jaws dropped. I grabbed Aidan's carseat, and in we went. I also asked the limo driver if mine was the first carseat in his limo - and he confirmed that he thought it was! :) So, they got to ride back to MSU - all the while commenting on the lights on the ceiling that kept changing color, how many seats it had (it held 20+ people!) and what kind of people usually rode in limos. My only regret is that I didn't get a picture of this grand event! But, I hope it will still be a memory that will last with my boys for a while. I know it made my heart smile. :)

No comments: