Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Me hearty - my Aidan be 4!






I truly can't believe that my youngest is now 4 years old. Time cannot be halted when it comes to the growth of a little one. It is amazing and sometimes bittersweet.

Aidan is such a special part to our family.

He is:

* laughter we can't help but burst into daily from his funny antics and sayings

* the biggest smile we have in our family

* sleepless nights as he still won't stay in his own bed

* fun filled days, even if one of us is feeling down. You can't stay that way around him.

* his brother's best friend (declared by Luke himself!)

* our cats biggest adversary

* his grandma's favorite date for cookies and milk

* a sometimes short temper, usually followed by a long heart-felt hug

We had a pirate party for his 4th birthday, with only his "college" friends invited. So - no 4 year old, or anyone younger than 21 I guess. There were 3 college students and 2 college grads, plus Mom, Dad, and Luke of course. That forced Dail and I to develop a much more challenging treasure hunt - which I think became wildy successful. We divided them into teams, and they were running all over our yard and house to find the clues. Finally, Aidan, Ronnie, and Luke found the "loot". He also had a pirate cake, which as the first picture shows, he decided to devour prior to my even getting up in the morning. I walked into the kitchen only to find my unfrosted cake with 1/4 of it eaten!!!!! I quickly brainstormed and decided to fill the "hole" with pirates gold. So, that's my secret I've just told everyone! The day was quite a success, all in all, and his college friends had the best time. What a story this will make as he gets older! When he's 18, I wonder how old his party guests will be???

No comments: