My sweet Aidan is 5 today!! He is such a beautiful part of our family - the fun loving, laugh erupting, mischievous component! He is just so full of life, I can hardly understand or comprehend it. He looks for a new adventure every day, a new friend, a new experience....anything new! God works in such a wonderful fashion - as he gave me this child who is completely opposite me - if I go to a store, and see someone I know, I am likely to dodge them - not for anything rude but merely because I hate small talk. I'm not good at it, and I don't like to engage in it. Aidan, on the other hand, seeks out the stranger to have a conversation with, which engages me in SO many conversations I would otherwise not have had! :) He causes me to get out of my shell the moment we leave our house. Luke and I could go about life just talking to one another, and watching the world very introspectively. My world is thrown on its ear when Aidan comes into the picture. There is no analyzing, wondering, evaluating from a distance. There is only JUMP RIGHT IN and see what something's all about!! I honestly admire his tenacity - I wish I had a little of it. I also think God knew just what Luke needed when he gave him Aidan as a brother. Luke is so reserved and tentative - and Aidan is his excuse to go slightly out of his comfort zone. And, Luke teaches Aidan that there is a certain blessing in just watching something in silence.
Both of my boys came to Mass at the CCC tonight, which was celebrated by our Bishop. They sat in the front row, and Luke sat, arms folded, not wanting to sing, shake hands, etc. Aidan, on the other hand, was mimicking every move the Bishop made, was getting down with the music, and tried to give peace to the entire congregation!!! He loves life - and lives it to the fullest his little 5 year old self can (with the constant restrain of his overprotective, introverted mother!).
Happy Birthday my sweet child!! Your name means "Fire" and boy does that fit!!!
1 comment:
awww! Happy Birthday Aidan!!
Hope all is well!!
- Katia
Post a Comment