Monday, March 23, 2009

I wanna drive...a Polaris (sung to the tune of "I wanna drive a zamboni")

So I am waaaay behind in my blog, again. In fact, I am behind in reading others' blogs too - I just caught up on my friend Kelly's....it's been since March 5th since I've read it! (and I completely let Owen's birthday slip my mind - so sorry Kel!).

Thought I'd post a bit about my spring break, life, etc. Nothing at all so exciting, but fun nonetheless....

I took 3 Caribbean students to the Mexican Embassy in Dallas over Spring Break - as they are accompanying us on our Mexican Mission trip in May!!! I spent the day with them thinking....thank you GOD for these three wonderful women. There couldn't be a more perfect International threesome to bring with us to another country. Kizie, Czar, and Celeste - you ladies are filled with soul and spirit! Thank you for a laugh-filled, joyous day!


I spent the next two days of the break hanging out with my boys...we went to the park, I took them to McDonalds (yeck!) and just played.

Then on Thursday/Friday, the CCC took a camping trip to a ranch one of my CCCers works on. This time it was 10 international students, 2 Americans, and myself. And again, thank you GOD for some amazing company! We hiked, made beaded bookmarks, ate (yummo - thanks to Marcus's great cooking!), had night prayer (thank you Czar!!), fished, played dominoes, ate some more, and just enjoyed each other's company. The 3 of us Americans had to sleep outside - literally - as there wasn't enough tent space. First time for me. But it was worth the bit of cold to see the stars in the sky. And, my personal favorite - I got to drive a Polaris. It's kind of like a 4 wheel golf cart. SOOO much fun!!!




Mmmm, smores!

Fatima, Czar, Celeste, Allisa, and Shana

Shana, Celeste, Celene, Allisa, Marcus, and Czar


(my new favorite ride!)


1 comment:

Josh said...

Your blog makes me very sad today.