Saturday, July 25, 2009

Nostalgic trip

My kids and I tagged along with my Mom and Dad when they went to Nebraska this week. My brother came too - as he was visiting Texas but his car was in Nebraska (don't ask - confusing story!). Anyway - it was such a good trip for all of us...relaxing, refreshing, and filled with nostalgic visits for me!
David and I took the boys to the Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo one day (one of the best zoos you can ever visit!) They have a new skyrail that goes over the zoo - and I absolutely loved it!
At the IMAX show in the zoo
David, Aidan, giraffe, and I
The next day the boys and I drove to Inwood, IA where my good friend Jodi, whom I've known since I was 13, lives. She has two boys nearly the same age as mine, Nick and Jacob, plus an adorable little girl named Sarah. The boys all became fast friends, so much so that we ended up staying the night (unplanned!) and the boys all slept in the amazing treehouse that her husband Bruce built.
hanging in the hammock
class clown for sure!
Nick spent half the afternoon giving lawnmower rides, which everyone loved! Poor Jodi won't have any gas left the next time she goes to mow her 3 acres!
Aidan became fast friends with Bruce
Jo and I and all of our kiddos
her sweet Sarah
motley crew
Another stop on our trip was on the way home. We took a different route so I could stop through Peru, NE where my alma mater, Peru State, is. It is such a beautiful campus - and was nice to walk around and show my boys where I went to college.
The last night I was in Omaha, David and I went to the Old Market, a fun part of downtown. He has always wanted to ride in one of their horse drawn carriages down there, but never had found anyone to accompany him. So, I went with him. Funny his sister had to be his date! We had a super time though! He heads back to North Dakota now, so I won't get to see him for a while. It was wonderful having him around for the past two weeks!!!


No comments: