

Today was the last day for Luke to not have school. He is quite anxious to go back - and he does not like that his friends who are in grade school are already back in school. So, I decided to not make him take a nap, and make a fun afternoon for the two of us while his brother slept (all too short). He has gotten neat craft things for gifts for Christmas, so we got out the clay and he first wanted to make a monster truck...hmm, don't you know that the examples they give on those things are for people with a degree in art AND ten times the clay that comes with the kit? Our monster truck was kind of a flop, but Luke enjoyed demolition of it. So, we proceeded on to the pig, which we should have taken a picture of, as it was adorable. Then finally, the snowman...an idea Luke had that wasn't pictured in the book (hey - so we had nothing to compare ourselves to!). The snowman turned out quite cute in his own right, so I took a picture. It is so much fun having time individually with my kids, and I don't get to do it very often, especially with Luke. And, with him going to kindergarten next year, our time will be even less. So, I'm glad I took advantage of today!
The other pic is of Luke and Speedy - they are so cute together!
No comments:
Post a Comment