Saturday, June 10, 2006

Relay for Life and Omaha



We are here in Omaha visiting my parents and doing all sorts of fun things! Tonight was the Relay for Life walk, which as my Mom is a cancer survivor, was very important for us to be a part of. My Mom, Aunt, and myself joined a team and walked with hundreds of other survivors, familly, and friends of persons whose lives have been affected by cancer. It was powerful to see both the sea of purple t-shirts (denoting a cancer survivor) as well as the thousands of luminaries that lit up the track, in memory of loved ones lost to cancer.

We have also gone to the Children's museum to see a phenomenal dinosaur exhibit, participated in the "Taste of Omaha" (albeit it was 99 degrees and felt a lot like Texas there!), and ridden a horse drawn carriage throughout the Old Market area downtown. Tomorrow we're headed to the zoo, and the Sunday we leave to go home.

I will have to post pictures when I get back, as my parents have a Macintosh that I have no idea how to use, nor do they! :)

No comments: