Monday, January 08, 2007

House progress, and parent pride

Our house is coming along like crazy! I was out of town in San Diego for the weekend, and came back to find walls, roof, and windows! Now I just need to get a Saint Joseph statue and bury him in our front yard to sell our current house (don't laugh, I've heard story after story about how this works!).

Luke came home from school today and in we had our traditional "how was school" talk. He is quite good about informing me...I'm glad he's just in kindergarten and isn't in that "it was fine Mom don't ask annoying questions" stage yet. He also told me that he was one of only two kids in the kindergarten to have received only green cards to date (a green card is what you get at the end of the day if you've been obedient, respectful, etc). Other colors that can be issued are yellow (warning) and red (just like in soccer - you're out! or in the case of school - off to the principal's office). I was actually surprised that more kids hadn't received all greens. He told me he and Ellie, fellow kindergartener, were called down to the office, had their picture taken with kids from other grades, and commended. I thought maybe he was confusing it with perhaps being chosen student of the month...but he said "No, Mr. Page told us it was because of our green cards." So, who knows, because his teacher hasn't told us anything yet. Regardless - I'm proud of him!!! Meanwhile, Aidan was put in time out at school today for hitting a kid on the playground with a rake. Sigh. Such is the diversity in our household!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

debbie, your new house looks very much like my parentss house. It looks very nice. Kevin