Sunday, January 14, 2007

Invoking St Joseph on this one

Brick, of course
View from entry way into living room
Garden tub area in master bath

Ok - for all of you who are not Catholic, you will think I'm crazy (oh and I suppose some of my fellow Catholics call me crazy too!) but I decided to call upon St. Joseph to help us in the sale of our house. St Joseph is the eternal protector, having protected Jesus during his time on Earth, and he is also the saint you invoke if you want to sell your house. Legend has it that you bury a statue of St Joseph in your yard, upside down, facing your home. You pray a novena (prayer that is prayed nine times, typically once a day for nine days) and your house is supposed to have the fortune from above to aid in its selling. Once it sells, you dig up his statue, and place it in a prominent place in your new home, for his continued protection. My Dad took St Joseph as his patron saint for confirmation as a teenager too! So, it certainly can't hurt, and as our new home is coming along quickly, maybe it will help. I can't completely let myself fall in love with our new house, since our owning it is contingent upon the sale of our current one. Still, above are some pictures I took last week on the site. Our brick, the view of my much anticipated garden jacuzzi tub, and our pretty arched entry way.

No comments: