Monday, January 14, 2008

Food funnies

I have continued to try my purees - some successes, some failures. The tortilla cigars were yummy - and I personally LOVED the warm chocolate pudding( a la avacado puree)! Hot chocolate with sweet potato puree though - not so much. On Sunday morning, Dail was gone on a retreat, and the boys asked for pancakes. Now, Dail is the resident chef in the house, especially when it comes to pancakes. Still, they humored me to give it a shot. And so I couldn't help but use one of the Jessica Seinfeld recipes to whip up some health into their pancakes. This one called for sweet potato puree. Aidan's exact words were "Mom, your pancakes are sgusting." (yes, no D-I in front of that word, he just calls it "sgusting") Aidan will eat anything, so I thought they were doomed for Luke. Yet he tried them, and said "Mom, they are not too bad. You just don't cook as good as Daddy - but they aren't yuck."

Also - Aidan and I went shopping to Target and he asked for a pretzel with cheese, as he ALWAYS does, and I ALWAYS say "no". Well, this time I actually said "Sure" - much to his surprise. He got his pretzel with cheese, got all nestled down in the shopping cart, and took a bite. He then said "Mom, I'm having a party in my mouth!" Guess that means it was GOOOOD! :)

No comments: