Yesterday my boys each decided to have a try at using a water gun in an unconventional way....
First Aidan and I were home together as they were replacing windows in our house. It is the first day we've been home together since last Wednesday when Melvin went to the hospital. I had much guilt for not being with them, but a good family friend stayed at Polly's side all day.
So, Aidan and I played pirates, swung on the swing, and just enjoyed each other's company. At one point, I was in the backyard and he was ready to go inside. I told him to go ahead, and I'd be there in a minute. Shortly after, I went inside, and he wasn't there. I found him in the front yard, spraying a water gun at all the guys installing our windows!!!! Luckily they found good humor in it, as it was hot, and I'm sure they must have encouraged him, a bit? They just wanted a chance to get him back, which he would not allow. :)
Later that night, we were sitting down to dinner (that my wonderful friend Kristen cooked for us!!!) and Luke was eating watermelon. He asked me if he could go in the backyard and plant the watermelon seed. I said "yes" not knowing he was going to do it right then. He left the table, and went in the backyard as Dail, Polly and I watched. He went over the corner, and paced a bit, and then headed to the shed. He emerged from the shed with my big garden shovel - nearly as tall as he is - and drug it across the backyard. He dug a hole for his seed, and dropped it in. Then he looked around and suddenly ran for the water gun. He went back to his hole and squirted water in it. He proceeded to come inside and told us he had to wait for the water to soak in before he filled the hole back with dirt. He then resumed eating, without skipping a beat. It was SO funny!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment