

Yesterday I decided that I wanted to paint the boys' room- yes after we did the "makeover" a few weeks ago - I now decide to paint. Ugh! I can blame it on Lowe's and the mistints they have -I went looking for paint for the Catholic Campus Center and came home with a $10 can for my house instead! Still - it looks good - I'll post the finished room once I hang the pictures back on the wall. Luke helped me paint a bit, and then everyone left and went to Archer City. Dail wanted to gather firewood and some neat pavers I found in his Dad's "rock garden" - and Polly had a list of things she wanted to get out of the house. They came home around 6 PM, and it was probably 105 outside. Luke came into the house wearing his Papa's winter coat. He was all wrapped up in it like he loves to do with a big blanket. I quizzically looked at Dail, and he waited for Luke to leave the room before he told me the story. Apparently Polly was gathering up things in the house, and found Melvin's winter vest and coat. She asked Dail if he wanted either of them, and he said "just the vest". Luke kind of looked at the coat, and then said "I'll take the coat if you don't want it." Of course that made Polly so happy to think he would want his Papa's coat. They told him he could have it, and he instantly wrapped up in it, rode all the way home in it, and hardly took it off last night. It is lined with soft "fur" and Luke has such a thing for textures. When I asked him why he liked it, he told me, "well, it is warm and soft, and (shrugging shyly) it smells like something I like" - meaning it makes him think of his Papa. Brings tears to my eyes - but I'm so glad he wanted it. This morning, he put it on first thing when he woke up as opposed to his customary blanket wrap. Check back soon for the room reveal!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment