Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Skunked!
It is 12:30 at night. I just finished packing, paying bills, writing out a note to our house/dog/cat sitter, watering plants, and all that goes along with preparation to leave for vacation. As I was headed to bed, I decided to let our dog out one last time. UGH! He got sprayed by a skunk!!!! I heard him chasing and barking at something, and figured it was a rabbit, until I opened the door to let him in and was met with the most foul odor! I woke Dail up, and now he is headed to Walmart to buy hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and rubber gloves. I Googled how to get skunk odor out, and repeatedly found this recipe. So - we will give it a shot. So much for getting an early start in the morning! And poor Francisco who is dog/house sitting - I'm sure whatever we do will only lessen Speedy's smell. I could just about cry. All I want to do is shower and go to bed, not bathe my stinky dog - who will carry the smell with him for months (according to all my Googling too). Oh and did I mention God has blessed me with a heightened sense of smell? Sigh. Is it a sign of a Chevy Chase style vacation to come???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Because you and I have some amazing luck...I am sure this will be a very interesting vacation for us all! We will make it fun no matter what!!
Post a Comment