Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Houston trip

We had SOO much fun on our little getaway to Houston! I have TONS of pictures I will post - bear with me - but I want to share a bit about each place we went...

After stopping at Crickett's for a night, we drove to Houston to see Steph and Greg. The first thing we did was explored the Houston Museum of Natural Science (which would become Luke's favorite spot of the trip!)

Aidan exploring the dinosaur exhibit

Dail explaining the intricacies of oil field supplies to Luke

Aidan's favorite animal - the giant squid!!

Steph showing Aidan a bit about weight

That evening, we sent to the Houston Aquarium downtown. It wasn't too big, but was still very fun with the Houston skyline behind us. This was probably Aidan's #1 spot....




Aidan and Luke under the stingray tank



Aidan was determined to pet a stingray!



They actually have a real bengal tiger exhibit too!



From the top of the ferris wheel!
Palm trees at night - I love it!


The next day we went to NASA Space Center. It was a very educational place, but a bit too scientific for my boys at their age (even Luke, surprisingly!). It would have been better had then been in 4th or 5th grade I think. They were too hyped up about the Star Wars exhibit too, which didn't end up being as grand as we thought. But, it was still fun, and I learned a lot!!! Did you know we are going back to Mars in 2010??

OK - I may be corrected, but I believe this is the Apollo A lunar rover
This guy wasn't real - but he looked freakishly so!

Astronaut Aidan
My Yoda loversAnd yes, Vader's REAL lightsaber
Aidan all tuckered out on the tram tour

Then we went to what was probably MY fav of the trip - Kemah Boardwalk. Kemah is a cute little area south of Houston, right on the water, with shops, restaurants, rides, and games. We strolled, ate, and played there!











They ended most days looking like they do in the picture above - all tuckered out! Our next day was spent at the beach - it has been Luke's dream to see the ocean, and while Galveston is not the greatest beach town, it still qualifies as ocean, and we had a great time! Dail brought his bike and rode along the ocean, and we packed a picnic lunch. We ate, played, and splashed all day. It was SOO hot that day too - I cannot imagine anything else but to be in the water!







Yes, the water was a bit...murky. This is Steph's adorable house. It is literally a tree house! It has as cute loft upstairs, where the boys and Dail and I slept. And it is simply full of character! I think it could be featured on HGTV!

And when we were at her loft, we were playing Star Wars Wii or with Star Wars characters (well, not WE as in me, but WE as in all the boys!)
Greg was on duty the last 24+ hours we were there, so the boys didn't get to play with him. We did go to the Coast Guard station and meet him for dinner. The last couple of pictures were taken there...


Thanks Steph and Greg for a fabulous time!!!!!!!

2 comments:

dgines said...

Aww fun times!! We went to the NASA Space Center too when Beca was...probably Luke's age and it was a bit much too--even for us older kiddos! haha. That just means another fun trip later in life! :-)

Ronnie said...

These pictures make me miss my boys so much! and you and Dail! Dail is looking very good well done my friend! That bike treats you well. I love you all so much and miss you so much say hi to Polly.

Love you!