Yesterday was the first day of school. It is my last year to have only one in grade school...as next year Aidan goes to Kindergarten!! (I need to buy stock in Kleenex NOW!). Anyway - there was nothing sad about yesterday, as Luke was ready to go, and we met his teacher at the "Meet the Teacher" last week - and just loved her! She is kind, engaging, fun, and everything I would imagine a grade school teacher should be. Luke liked her right away - which is a big deal, because it usually takes him a bit to warm up. When he came home yesterday, he said "Second grade is EASIER than first" (he doesn't know that they are reviewing now, the new stuff is still to come!) and "My teacher is so much fun! She gives us tickets like at Chuck E Cheese and you can earn enough to BUY stuff with them" (she found his weakness - counting and spending money!) He apparently earned 3 tickets yesterday, and was ready to go earn more today. They also built a gym at his school, so they don't have to use the cafeteria any longer. As any good boy - his favorite subject in school is PE, so he is excited about the gym. I'm so relieved that it all started out so well!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
First day of Second grade
Yesterday was the first day of school. It is my last year to have only one in grade school...as next year Aidan goes to Kindergarten!! (I need to buy stock in Kleenex NOW!). Anyway - there was nothing sad about yesterday, as Luke was ready to go, and we met his teacher at the "Meet the Teacher" last week - and just loved her! She is kind, engaging, fun, and everything I would imagine a grade school teacher should be. Luke liked her right away - which is a big deal, because it usually takes him a bit to warm up. When he came home yesterday, he said "Second grade is EASIER than first" (he doesn't know that they are reviewing now, the new stuff is still to come!) and "My teacher is so much fun! She gives us tickets like at Chuck E Cheese and you can earn enough to BUY stuff with them" (she found his weakness - counting and spending money!) He apparently earned 3 tickets yesterday, and was ready to go earn more today. They also built a gym at his school, so they don't have to use the cafeteria any longer. As any good boy - his favorite subject in school is PE, so he is excited about the gym. I'm so relieved that it all started out so well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay Luke! Earn those tickets and buy yourself something really awesome! You deserve it! I love you so much and miss you even more! I'm thinking about you buddy! Good luck this year!
Post a Comment