I wanted to share this with all of you - many of you may have already heard about it, but for those of you who haven't, it is inspiring...Randy Pausch was a professor at Carnegie Melon University who has terminal cancer. I learned of him yesterday while listening to the Kidd Kraddick in the morning radio show. He is one of those upbeat, positive people who, when faced with adversity, rises above and takes the world with him. I greatly respect this. He gave his last lecture in the fall of 2007 to his class, and it has become more Googled, more Youtubed, more referenced than most things in our society. Oprah had him on, and he gave a reprise of his lecture. You can find this clip on Youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgyuYHXqlO4
It is worth 10 minutes in your day to listen to him speak. We all never know if today is our "last lecture" and so we should carefully choose how we spend each day, and with whom we spend it. I pray for him and his family, and thank God for working through people like him to inspire the rest of us, if we are willing to listen.
No comments:
Post a Comment