Saturday, April 12, 2008

Is Roy Brthday! (subtitle: Happy Birthday Dail!)


Happy Birthday to you - Happy Birthday to you - Happy Birthday dear Dail, Happy Birthday to you! Luke greeted Dail with a paper airplane birthday card yesterday on his birthday. He snuck around the corner and flew it to him while he was shaving. It smacked Dail straight in the head, and then fell into his sink. LOL What is more funny is what he wrote: "Is Roy Brthday". Which I believe is translated as "It's Your Birthday". Pretty cute I think.


We also have had two other humorous Luke stories this week - one sadly as a result of his fish, Leonardo, dying. His poor fish lived to be nearly 3, so he was quite old in fish years. We had friends over for a play date on Wednesday, and they noticed that his fish was upside down - which is never good. He had been alive in the morning when we left for school - and Luke was sad about it all. Well, on his chore chart, he has the chore of "feed Leonardo" each morning before school. So, the next day, I looked at his chart, and this is what he did:



See the line that says "ded". Maybe a bit macabre - but we thought it was funny!
Lastly, I will share my favorite story of the week: We were coming home from church on Sunday, and here is the conversation I had with my oldest son:

LUKE: Mom, there is something I don't get.
ME: What is it honey?
LUKE: I didn't think there were airplanes during Jesus' time.
ME (puzzled): Well, there weren't. Why?
LUKE: Then why do they say every Sunday in church that a pilot made
Jesus suffer?
ME: Oh, you mean when they say "Pontius Pilate"?
LUKE: Yea, they say he made Jesus suffer. Why?
Creed each Sunday during Mass, which includes the words "suffered under Pontius
Pilate">
ME: He was a man named Pilate who allowed Jesus to be killed, but he
didn't fly airplanes.
LUKE: Well, that's a dumb name for him then.

Oh the humor of children! I love it when my kids make my day with a smile or fun story!




1 comment:

Joyous Joy said...

Debbie, I have been meaning to tell you how much we enjoyed seeing you when you guys came. My kids are still talking about it and they really want to come to the Wichita. After much thought I decided to dive into blog world. So you may have to help me figure this out. So now we can really stay in touch. I love Luke's chart, cracked me up.