Thursday, August 25, 2005

3rd times a charm

Yes, Ronnie and I made our 3rd attempt in three weeks to go out on our regular bicycle route and return without...drama. We contemplated changing our route - but I felt like for some reason we were called to this challenge, and we couldn't give in to defeat. And so (and this part is to make my brother realize that riding a bike is in fact fun and not a regular hazard!) WE DID IT! No flats, no goats, no bobcats (see Dail's blog) not a thing prevented our success this time. We had some mathematical differences in how far we in fact went (guess it's been a long time since we had to do basic addition and subtraction without he help of a calculator, palm pilot, or other technological device) but at around about 30 miles, we made it home. Now she is going to do 75-100 miles this weekend for the Hotter N Hell Hundred, but I will only be going 10K, toting a 50+ windsock (ie. Aidan in the cart). We will have fun, I am sure!

No comments: